• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Chat, check-in, and hang out

Thanks.
I know him since the 80s, he wasnt physically abusive but verbally.. I had to sleep in a kitchen from 1995 since 2002. He used to wake up at 3 and put all lights on and work during manic phases, and I had to go to school the next day..
2000 he throwed me out of the apartment because I was depressed and didn’t have a job or apprenticeship. I had to sleep on other peoples couches for a while. Ugh
oh rani that's awful. I also had to sleep on other people's couches when I was homeless. It was terrible. So sorry you had to go through that.

also had to sleep on other people's couches when I was homeless. It
So sorry you had to through these times. In my case it was just a few days.. difficult to live with someone with severe mental illness.. my A while was too exaggerated. He used to travel all the time..
My mother went from one abusive marriage to the next.

I remember times when he used to have 100 ideas at once...
Ah let’s go to India, let’s go to Thailand, let’s do this and That.. we did it, because we didn’t know better, my mother followed him and did mostly as he wished. Manic episodes are really tough, he had delusions of grandeur..

shouldn’t probably write too much here . Thanks for reading!

i spent a month homeless. it f*cking sucked. i could feel myself becoming crazy. i don't know how to explain it right. i would do these insane crazy things to try and protect us and i'd threaten people for just looking at me cuz they wanted my stuff. my stuff was useless to them lmao.

So. I have this joke where the entire lead-up is ALL the “how many X does it take to change a lightbulb?” jokes you can think of... (@LuckiLee !! You might get a kick outta some of these)

((how many Jewish mothers does it take to change a lightbulb? None. Don’t mind me. I’ll just sit here. Alone. In the dark. // how many engineers does it take to change a lightbulb? You know? What you really need is better light bulb. Shouldn’t be that hard, gimme a minute. Ahhh... so about this bulb. You didn’t need it right now... Did you?// How many IT guys does it take to change a lightbulb? Have you tried turning it off & on, again? // How many doctors does it take to change a lightbulb? ...Nurse! // How many real estate agents does it take to change a lightbulb? 10. But they might go as low as 8. // How many IRS agents does it take to change a lightbulb? 1. But it gets really screwed. // How many real men does it take to change a lightbulb? None. Real men aren’t afraid of the dark. // How many psychiatrists does it take to change a lightbulb? 1. But only if the bulb really wants to change// etc.))

...ALL to lead up to...

How many feminists does it take to change a lightbulb?
That’s not funny. 😑

^^^^
I FEEL LIKE most people? Sort of intuitively understand what most people’s “that’s not funny” joke is. My dad? Sort of missed that gene, when common sense was being handed out. Yo! Dad! TheSister? Doesn’t appreciate fat jokes. TheGrandson? Doesn’t appreciate jokes about HIS mother. Yes. Even if that’s your daughter. Hello! (THUMP!) That’s his MOM you’re talking shit about. Your daughter... but? His mom. Bad idea. This is not new. C’mon, now.

Sigh.

My poor dad.

He MEANS well.

Last edited:
Back