• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Chat, check-in, and hang out

I was up at 3:15 this morning and as usual I am wide awake. I don't think the melatonin is working too well, but I just started taking it so I need to give it a chance to work. Also I need to look into what the best dosage is for the effects I am seeking. It is (555)

It has happened to me, the last 3 days in a row. Just suddenly, I wake up and I am wide awake. I just started taking melatonin to help me sleep too. Thank you for the well wishes.
Oh wow! When I took Trazodone it put me to sleep but then I would wake up in the middle of the night. Hopefully it’s not the melatonin waking you.
4am is my witching hour. I’m nearly always up. Either waking up, or going to bed shortly after.
Oh wow! Midnight seems to be my witching hour. I usually calm down to sleep shortly after. Even when I go to bed at 9 PM.

Years ago, I was diagnosed with REM Sleep Disorder. I would fight, kick, scream, curse, threaten, hit, put a hole in the wall with my fist, bang my hand down on the nightstand hard enough to bruise it. etc., because I am fighting in my sleep. My lady had to sleep in a separate bed for her own safety.

Anyway, I digress. Insomnia is a major pain when it chronic and why am I suddenly waking up and not be able to go back to sleep?? I got up at 3:15 am. today.

Last edited:
The REM sleep disorder has faded away except for an occasional event. So, I am left with insomnia to deal with, but I have a new doctor and she may write me a prescription or guide me to what I should do to remedy insomnia.

Not sure if this is much help but I take zolpidem for my sleep, prescribed by my psychiatrist. It helps a lot. I don’t take it every night, only if I’m really struggling to get off to sleep. Takes around an hour to work

Someone whose priorities for a journey are vodka & comfortable socks? I can get behind. Even if I’m not particularly keen on their choice of painkillers… they’ve done this before.

Back