Hitting a brick wall at full speed.

Survivor3

MyPTSD Pro
Thanks. That makes alot of sense. I've been walling my self off from almost everyone I know. I even though getting rid of all my social media accounts was going to help me but all it did was cause even more isolation. I know I have more fight left in me. I won't let this take me down. :) I just need to learn not to make bad decisions when I'm have a bad moment.
That's one of the most important lessons that I've learned in life. Not to make decisions about things and lash out when feeling angry, upset and overwhelmed. It just causes more shit my friend. 😊 I learned that from @Friday.

joeylittle

Administrator
There is no reason I should suffer in silence.
That's exactly why we're here. I'm glad you're giving yourself permission to share more of what's going on with you. If you haven't, you might look at starting a Trauma Diary - that can be a good place to journal. But responding to threads is great too, it lets you read about how others go through lots of the same things.

One day at a time. Glad you found us.

Weezley

Learning
I had my second appointment with my counselor yesterday. He said I have alot of work ahead of me but he sees I'm willing to put in the work. I'm learning one of my biggest problames is I'm really anti social. It's a really hard one to not slip back into. But I've been trying to reach out to alot of my friends and slowly start getting out of the house more. He told me I need to start getting back into things I enjoy. It's been so long since I've enjoyed doing much of anything. I'm really struggling on this one. But I have started to read alot. It been nice to have my mind occupied with something other than overthinking ever aspect of my life. I guess it's a small step to enjoyment.

Deanna

MyPTSD Pro
I guess it's a small step to enjoyment.
It's really the small things that lead us to the larger places we desire. ( small steps) I had my problem with alcohol too back years ago before I was diagnosed. I actually was clean for 20 something years and went back out for a month, 5 or 6 years ago. I decided to stay sober after that for good. So, I'm done with it. I even gave up smoking at that time. I feel like doing both aged me overall so it's not the incredible outcome like regulars make it to be. ( normy's)

Isolation is another bad habit we have to try to overcome. It's easier said than done though. Welcome to the forums!

Weezley

Learning
It's really the small things that lead us to the larger places we desire. ( small steps) I had my problem with alcohol too back years ago before I was diagnosed. I actually was clean for 20 something years and went back out for a month, 5 or 6 years ago. I decided to stay sober after that for good. So, I'm done with it. I even gave up smoking at that time. I feel like doing both aged me overall so it's not the incredible outcome like regulars make it to be. ( normy's)

Isolation is another bad habit we have to try to overcome. It's easier said than done though. Welcome to the forums!
Alcohol is a hard one to stay away from. Being born and raised in wisconsin it's truelly our great past time. Even though I'm one in a few around here that doesn't drink I'm still glad I gave it up. Good for you on your sobriety. I've given up smoking tobacco and weed several times but always find my self circling back around and picking it back up. I see weed being a crutch for me but for right now it's been the only way to relax. But I do see my self giving up both for good one day.

Deanna

MyPTSD Pro
My therapist is from Wisconsin! It took awhile to get use to her. At first, i thought she just didn't really care because when she eleberates on her own misfortunes, she shows no real emotion. So, she does care ( I figured that out) she just doesnt put emotion behind her wording, sometimes. I like her. ( she's very dry)

Weezley

Learning
My therapist is from Wisconsin. It took me awhile to get use to her. At first, i thought she just didn't really care because when she eleberates on her own misfortunes, she shows no real emotion. So she does care ( I figured that out) she just put no emotion behind her wording sometimes. I like her. ( she's very dry)
I think it's a wisconsin thing. I'm the same way and almost everyone I know is. But for the most part we will give anyone the shirt off our backs and the food off of our plates. Lol. Were just really hard to read.