• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

How Did You Sleep Last Night?

This week I kept waking up sweating and feeling like I’d been chased or had been through something really stressful. Was on high alert and didn’t feel rested, know I had a nightmare but didn’t know what it was about exactly and couldn’t remember but was just left with an intense unnerving feeling of discomfort and terror. Had to get up for work and get on with the day and this was happening every morning. Haven’t had this in years. This morning was a relief, woke up feeling exhausted but not terrified and not as if I’d had any bad dreams. Would love a refreshing peaceful sleep but I guess it takes a while to get back on track.

This week has been weird. I had to get up at 6 a.m. Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday so I could go to work for an audit. I'm NOT a morning person. At all. I cried all the way in and part of the time while I was there. I was up around 4 a.m. every morning and had trouble getting back to sleep.

Last night, my kitty (whose birthday is today, but I digress) woke me at 5 a.m. and I couldn't get back to sleep. Figures, since I was hoping to sleep till 8. But I think she's been having problems with my being gone, so hoping it'll be better tonight. (Plus, I don't have to get up in the morning, so I'm going to take something tonight to help me sleep through.)

I have had three good nights. I am both excited and apprehensive. Excited because it feels amazing when I didn't have a long night of nightmares. Apprehensive because three nights of peace is a long stretch. It just means I am closer to another rough night. But I will chose to hold onto hope.

Back