• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

The Biggest Spider Ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'm going nuts! I was sitting in the kitchen just now and realized I'd not picked a green pea up off the floor which I'd dropped during lunch. All of a sudden I got this image of these spiders playing soccer with it. I had to laugh though. It was so funny to see my imagination working at making me laugh.

Oh, by the way, these are brown recluse spiders. Their bite can do considerable damage to humans, so I think that getting rid of them is something that is a needed must. No one should be put in a position to have to live with them. This is for all the nature lovers out there that think I was wrong for killing one or more of them.

I apologize, it is not that I really doubt you, but are you sure they are brown recluse? I just keep seeing a big wolf spider in my mind so I wondered if it could possibly be that? Generally, brown recluse prefers to hide in the dark corners, under sofas, etc. they are normally not aggressive and only bite if they are trapped against the skin. Still, a bite from one needs to be treated right away so, if you have been bitten call your doctor or go to the Emergency room. Also, ask your doctor about taking Benadryl and pushing water to help flush out toxins if you are bitten.

There are also wolf spiders that are brown and will grow to the size of an adult's hand and they are normally harmless (but lucky me, I am allergic to them, they paralyze me.) So I would want to avoid those, besides big spiders such as the wolf spider are intimidating, aggressive, and will actually charge at you. Scary stuff. Unfortunately, these spiders are all over the state where I live.

Anyways, I believe that you do have brown recluse. I would suggest not lying clothes on the floor, checking your shoes before you put them on, and wearing gloves if working in a dark place such as under the sink or in a dark corner. Brown recluse do not like light so maybe keeping a light on will help you to avoid them.

Just take precautions such as keeping a fly swatter or some other object nearby to kill the spider should it get too close. I wish I was more knowledgable on the subject, as I hate to think of you being trapped in your home with spiders!!! I personally hate spiders so I invested in a bottle of Peppermint essential oil. You will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

These have never charged or even confronted me, they run if they see me. They are a little smaller than my hand, but also, my hands are small. So the wolf sounds unlikely. Thanks for all the information. I appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back