• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What Games Are You Playing?

Apprehensive of the replies I might get but I've been playing a game called Dead by Daylight since 2019. It's a horror game! I suppose I should be avoiding such games yeah? I know of Stardew of course which I'm installing now. Should I make the effort to give up DBD (3k hours) for Stardew?

Apprehensive of the replies I might get but I've been playing a game called Dead by Daylight since 2019. It's a horror game! I suppose I should be avoiding such games yeah? I know of Stardew of course which I'm installing now. Should I make the effort to give up DBD (3k hours) for Stardew?
Pfft. Avoid games you hate &/or make your life worse, instead of better.

What’s soothing, or good time spent? Varies.

Heck no - not boring.... I like card games too. texas hold em is a favorite. I can even teach you quick odds for the math impaired.

On the deal - odds are determined by the number of players. The more players, the better your odds with any starting hand. After the flop, count the number of cards that can help you make your hand and multiply by 4. Example, you have 4 suited cards, so there are 8 cards that can help you, you are about 33% to make your hand. If you have two pair there are 4 cards so you are about 16% to hit one of those cards.
After the turn - multiply outs (cards that would help) by 2. So if you still have a 4 card flush - you are about 16% to hit your flush on the river, if you have 2 pair you are about 8% to hit a card that give you a full house.

Heck no - not boring.... I like card games too. texas hold em is a favorite. I can even teach you quick odds for the math impaired.

On the deal - odds are determined by the number of players. The more players, the better your odds with any starting hand. After the flop, count the number of cards that can help you make your hand and multiply by 4. Example, you have 4 suited cards, so there are 8 cards that can help you, you are about 33% to make your hand. If you have two pair there are 4 cards so you are about 16% to hit one of those cards.
After the turn - multiply outs (cards that would help) by 2. So if you still have a 4 card flush - you are about 16% to hit your flush on the river, if you have 2 pair you are about 8% to hit a card that give you a full house.
Thanks! I'm going to give it a go... May have to look up an instructional video on YouTube 🤣

Always up for a new card game!!

I love card games.
Me too! Check out this rad book that a co-worker let me borrow (got a little crush on him from this book!)
image.jpg

I’m learning how to play Tarrock which is the game version of tarot cards. Tarot cards were game cards for hundreds of years and then only got the cartomancy reputation in the 1800s when spooky stuff got super popular with the Victorian culture. Cartomancy can be done with standard decks too, but I digress!
texas hold em is a favorite. I can even teach you quick odds for the math impaired.
I taught my students poker and on their own they quickly learned Texas hold em. We play in homeroom with Monopoly money. Thank you for teaching about the odds—I bookmarked it! I want to teach them that. Are there any other math tricks related to poker you can share? Or books/videos?

Back