• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Who was your hero today?

My hero today is my friend from work who is just a very nice person, always willing to help, a great friend, and just all around a good person. We used to work in the same department until recently. So whenever you move to a different position there is a huge learning curve so she’s been just extremely busy. Her husband has a job where he’s not home all the time like traveling and they don’t live close to family more than three hours away at least. And she’s a mother to a two-year-old too so I’m sure you can imagine how hectic her life is right now. I caught up with her today because I sent her a message wishing her a little boy a happy birthday, and she informed me that her father has cancer. He has a very rare very aggressive form of kidney cancer. And he’s in the late stages of it and she’s known for about a month. Her strength is just absolutely amazing and admirable. she is the type of person to call bull sh*t out and is very confident in herself, and I’ve always admired that about her. She is a great friend who has helped me and supported me, she knows about my struggles. I don’t know if I could quite keep it together like she has with all these things going on in her life, but she keeps powering through.

So since I been feeling empty like I'm just a walking corps I haven't eaten in two days just had some water. One of my coworkers asked how my life is going I decided to tell him. He had a banana and told me to try and eat and to just take small bits and not to pay attention to it but just talk. I was able to eat it even though after I wanted to throw up. I was able to hold it together. I'm thankful he showed worry with out forcing me to eat. I think maybe I should be around people more when I feel this empty it might help or it might not.

Me, myself, and I.

Adulting is difficult when ill, and yet I managed to take care of myself, my cat, and make it to an out-of-town appointment at the cancer center even tho I really didn't feel like it. Sometimes, I manage to beat the odds and muddle through even when it seems as tho I won't make it. And because of that, I have become my own hero.

My friend D was my hero today. My neighbor pulled a shitty move on me and I’m pissed about it and D said he totally understood. He understands wanting to run away and I do want to and I will some day, when my daughter grows up. Also my other friend who I vented to over text and she gave me a virtual hug.

A sweet girl who said she would put something away for me until I could order it tonight online, so that it will be in stock for ordering (hopefully will get confirmation for pick up). It wasn't my 1st choice, or even my 2nd, but it should still be good. I tried ordering equivalents to go pick up all over the city from several companies, each one showed in stock, approved, then hours later cancelled, yet also not all refunded. Even phoned to make sure there was stock, then ordered, then hours later it was rescinded as out of stock. She was very sweet and checked twice, late in her shift, when likely very tired, too! Thankful for her efforts!

Back