• šŸ’– [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] šŸ’– Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Chat, check-in, and hang out

We got a super cool šŸ˜Ž and totally unexpected bonus, this 4th!!!

About 2 hours after all the rest of the fireworks were over? BOOM BOOM BOOM! Easily a $100,000-$10,000,000fireworks show started in the pitch dark, in the middle of the lake. City level BIG fireworks display, like someone nicked one of the Covid Cancelled showā€™s supples. Stunning. Gorgeous.

Andā€¦Right. Fawking. Here.

Best ā€œshowā€ Iā€™ve seen in years. šŸ¤©

Last edited:
Police Boat come streaking up the lakeā€¦ then amidst a sudden ā€œfinaleā€ of a whole lotta fireworks being lit off at once?ā€¦ the other boat GUNS IT up the lake away from the police boat. Which also happens to be in the direction of the county line. And a man made waterway that connects to a rather busy (commercial traffic, both domestic and international) river that leads to the sea downstream, and a commercial hub to get lost in upstream.

I donā€™t know if they made it.

Either way?

Badass fireworks display + high speed chase = an unexpectedly awesome evening. šŸ„°

Since January of this year, I've had four trips to the hospital. a) Pneumonia, b) COPD exacerbation, c) Respiratory failure with hypoxia, and finally, a Severe high blood sugar event that caused an 8-day stay. There is something about 4 trips to the hospital in 6 months that lends itself to thoughts of one's own mortality....(age 61).

But it also does something to one's perception of life. For me, it has become even more precious. Most of my family has "passed" beyond. but I still have my daughter and my niece for whom I am totally grateful. And it is the same for the newly perceived value of friends, neighbors, and healing warriors. I am so grateful for all. So grateful for this site and its members.

Anyways I just got home from the hospital yesterday. It was a serious situation in which I almost ended up in the ICU. Anyway, that's what's going on with me, I am recuperating and taking it as easy as I can.

Feeling reflective and grateful!!!

Hoping all are well!

Luv,
Lionheart

Thank you I went back to the hospital Tuesday evening thinking I have pneumonia, but as it turns out I have Covid and spent another 5 days in the hospital. I will be on medicine for another 5 days, Oxygen therapy, and insulin to control diabetes. Thank you for thinking of me @Survivor3 it means a lot to me!!!

Back