• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Chat, check-in, and hang out

My physical health is affecting my mood so badly today. I've fallen in a heap and I just feel so low and sad. About to watch a movie or something and hope that distracts me enough to snap out of it.
I have been watching David Burns' podcasts on YouTube and on his website and they have been helpful for me. You might not be in it but it's a thought.
That's not a good time. When i feel like a shit ball, I find a good hypnosis on YouTube to zone out on. That way I feel productive, and sometimes I have energy enough to turn on weight loss, or healthy living hypnosis. Shooot, and when it gets really good, I'm searching the most recent motivational videos.
I go to sleep with bible verses for healing on YouTube on the bad days.
Sometimes I watch Tara Brach's meditations and also TED Talks which can be interesting. I also went through a Mindfulness watching stage as well.

I dont know if this is the right place to post this, but my sister is 11 yrs older than me, so she is 73. She has bladder cancer. She had 2 surgeries and was suppose to start Radiation. Now the dr says she needs to go to bigger city and have bladder removed. Before he said she was high risk and wouldn't make it thru bladder removal surgery. (she has addisons disease). I dont know what to think. Part of me thinks that she should enjoy this holiday season with her family. There is also the part that knows that her and her immediate family misinterpret things and are alarmist. None the less, I am feeling very sad.

my sister is 11 yrs older than me, so she is 73. She has bladder cancer. She had 2 surgeries and was suppose to start Radiation. Now the dr says she needs to go to bigger city and have bladder removed. Before he said she was high risk and wouldn't make it thru bladder removal surgery. (she has addisons disease). I dont know what to think.
I just wanted to tell you that I am very sorry your sister is ill and that I will pray for her and the family as well. My sister had small cell lung cancer and had to have chemo and radiation and she beat cancer, this is what I hope for your sister!!! Many blessings for all,
Lion

Last edited:
Hello invisible Fire.. hope you enjoy Brian Greene? I’ve read that there have been some tough days for you?! Wishing you strength for the times ahead. Can you Do face to face Therapy now? Reading „infinite jest“ from DFW but always giving up. Take care IF

Hello invisible Fire.. hope you enjoy Brian Greene? I’ve read that there have been some tough days for you?! Wishing you strength for the times ahead. Can you Do face to face Therapy now? Reading „infinite jest“ from DFW but always giving up. Take care IF
Not much luck with the brian green book. But, still interested. Thanks for the wishes. Hope you are well. I miss talking with you. I had to do telehealth this week due to being exposed to covid(again) but hopefully next time will be face to face. I will look up infinite jest.

Thanks for the wishes. Hope you are well. I miss talking with you.
Yes, we should have a chat again invisible Fire..
had to do telehealth this week due to being exposed to covid(again) but hopefully next time will be face to
Hope the stability stays with you despite the madness in this world... and I read that you always keep on walking, doing the work.

Im okay, but I’m a bit frustrated because my brain isn’t working properly 😌

Im okay, but I’m a bit frustrated because my brain isn’t working properly 😌
I'm glad you are ok. And I understand that. I often feel my brain isn't working properly. If we could get our brains to cooperate all would be well, Maybe..? are you still going to therapy and doing Yoga? Going to the gym?

Back