• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Chat, check-in, and hang out

What substance is this blinding headache (near literally, everything is blurry) attempting to remind me to add to the cosmos swirling in my veins?

AKA Yo! Bod? You have a bizarre and frankly irritating way of “asking” for things.

Just reaching out hoping for distraction. Woke up 2 hours ago in ++ pain in my womb ...radiating through to my back.. 7.5 / 10 I'd say on pain scale (up there with contractions in child birth)... it's like super strength period pains only I've never had this before (hence likening to birth pains)...I've taken pain killers and meds to stop muscle contractions which has helped and I'm trying to distract myself by reading and being here... I just wondered if anyone else is around right now.. sorry if that comes across as being needy but just feeling it right now

I’m here! I’m sorry you’re in so much pain but glad the medicines are taking it down a notch.
Being in lots of pain tends to make me feel a little discombobulated and out of sorts.
Do you like tea? That’s what I’m doing right now…. trying to decide whether to go for a fancy tea I haven’t had before or my standard lemon.
How was your weekend?

Thank you ninja... I do like tea.. I'd actually like some now but my body has a vagal reaction to things like pain so I have to stay lying down or else I faint... so currently I can have some pretend tea as I can't get up!! I like lemon honey and ginger ☺... what's your favourite?

Weekend was actually pretty good thanks... not enough sleep and lots of processing behind the scenes but in a good way.. met with some friends on Saturday and that was good despite little sleep and feeling things underneath... helped ti being me out myself a bit..I watched karate kid yesterday- love that film!

How was your weekend?

OOoh, yes, maybe not a good idea to get up. Do the medicines help with that at all?
Honey lemon ginger is also one of my favourites. In terms of herbals, I like anything citrusy, as well as mint… I have an orange vanilla tea that is really lovely. For black/green teas, I looove earl grey and chai, and also mango green tea. It depends a bit on my mood.

I feel you on the lack of sleep and processing behind the scenes… I sometimes wish those two didn’t seem to often go so hand in hand. I’m not sure if it is that way for you, too? I’m glad you had a nice time with your friends 🙂 Which version of the karate kid did you watch? Did you ever get into the netflix spin off series they made?

My weekend was okay. I ended up working a lot, which I‘ve been trying to work on not doing as much of. I had been getting better about it, but I suppose it is just one of those things that requires consistent awareness, or else it may start to slide back, especially during times of stress. Forever learning!

OOoh, yes, maybe not a good idea to get up. Do the medicines help with that at all?
Honey lemon ginger is also one of my favourites. In terms of herbals, I like anything citrusy, as well as mint… I have an orange vanilla tea that is really lovely. For black/green teas, I looove earl grey and chai, and also mango green tea. It depends a bit on my mood.

I feel you on the lack of sleep and processing behind the scenes… I sometimes wish those two didn’t seem to often go so hand in hand. I’m not sure if it is that way for you, too? I’m glad you had a nice time with your friends 🙂 Which version of the karate kid did you watch? Did you ever get into the netflix spin off series they made?

My weekend was okay. I ended up working a lot, which I‘ve been trying to work on not doing as much of. I had been getting better about it, but I suppose it is just one of those things that requires consistent awareness, or else it may start to slide back, especially during times of stress. Forever learning!
They have defo helped (the meds - that and drinking water). It's still very much there but I've drunk lots of water and am now able to get up for a short time - helped tu get bp back up i think.

You know what? I think we have an almost identical tea collection! Like you say tea is very much mood related. I don't really do 'builders' tea though nor green tea. Generally caffeinated tea sets my anxiety off so I avoid it. You like coffee? I love a good decaf latte...

Yes I relate to behind scenes processing and lack of sleep. Would imagine that's quite common? For me it's one of the only moments I get to myself to process. If you're working lots I imagine that could potentially be a factor for you?

I watched the original 1st KK film! Haven't dared with the netflix series in case it somehow ruins the original 🤣.. which is silly as that could never happen!

Sounds like you have good awareness with your work though (like so many things in life!) putting it into consistent practice is very challenging..I imagine maybe it's a double edge sword? Great to exercise the non trauma part of your brain (resourcing) but there's a line as ti when the amount you work becomes unhealthy.. keep going though, with enough practice you'll get more control (says she who has very poor work boundaries)

They have defo helped (the meds - that and drinking water). It's still very much there but I've drunk lots of water and am now able to get up for a short time - helped tu get bp back up i think.
Moving in the right direction. I hope this continues…. and also maybe that you can get some more sleep at some point?!
You know what? I think we have an almost identical tea collection! Like you say tea is very much mood related. I don't really do 'builders' tea though nor green tea. Generally caffeinated tea sets my anxiety off so I avoid it. You like coffee? I love a good decaf latte...
Tea is one of those things that I tend to regularly look at when I’m an the store and then, well, …. they look so good! My friend got me an advent calendar for this past christmas and instead of chocolates it had tea bags. It was actually so much fun and quenched my desire to try new teas! What do you think about blueberry (or pomegranate) tea? Ooh, what about bubble tea?

I love coffee! Lately I’ve been adding a touch of chocolate to my latte (chocolate lover over here); it makes me feel fancy, even though I’ve yet to master any kind of latte art. 😂
Yes I relate to behind scenes processing and lack of sleep. Would imagine that's quite common? For me it's one of the only moments I get to myself to process. If you're working lots I imagine that could potentially be a factor for you?
I think you’re probably right - that it is both common and potentially related to how much someone is working. It took me a long time to learn the importance of putting work down hours before I actually want to be asleep… that way I have time for myself to do just as you say - process, watch things, read, journal, or whatever else. Sounds like maybe you’ve had some experience with this, as well?
I watched the original 1st KK film! Haven't dared with the netflix series in case it somehow ruins the original 🤣.. which is silly as that could never happen!
Oh, that is so fair though! The original is just so good.
The netflix series was alright. Different enough from the original that I didn’t find myself comparing them all that often, but I think that probably varies from person to person. I watched it right in the middle of the pandemic after having just finished a long (and excellent) series; I was looking for something to help me let go of the show I had just finished and transition into something new. It was definitely good for that!
Sounds like you have good awareness with your work though (like so many things in life!) putting it into consistent practice is very challenging..I imagine maybe it's a double edge sword? Great to exercise the non trauma part of your brain (resourcing) but there's a line as ti when the amount you work becomes unhealthy.. keep going though, with enough practice you'll get more control (says she who has very poor work boundaries)
Yes definitely a double edged sword! It can be grounding but then it can also be a way to disconnect from self/others/the world, which isn’t inherently a bad thing.. just have to be aware of it. Thank you for the support and encouragement!

Work boundaries can be so hard, especially if you also sort of enjoy what you’re doing?
On that note, I am going to attempt to go to sleep as I have an early morning meeting that I might be trying to fool myself into thinking is later!

I am sending you all the positive vibes for less pain, more rest, and a sense of peace. With you. 💜

Back