• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What Did You Eat And Drink Last?

Lentils cooked until soft in garlic chicken broth, roasted carrot fries, yogurt blue cheese cream sauce. Water with blueberries.

The thing about the sauce? The recipe called for plain Greek yogurt, lemon juice, and chives. I had made too much compound butter for steaks I ate last week. The compound butter was butter, blue cheese, and minced green onions. So I combined that with Greek yogurt, heavy cream, salt and pepper. It was a beautiful bitter/sour complement to the savory lentils and sweet carrots.

I’ve been reading about French cuisine in an encyclopedia of French cooking from almost 100 years ago. And all those fancy names for sauces? It’s just different mixtures of the mother sauces and then with something banal added in like thyme or onions. And then they call it some fancy name. Because the chefs who founded haute cuisine were serving the wealthy. And they were publishing cook books. And running restaurants which had to have fancy names for the dishes. Anyway, I think of that whenever I make mistakes or mix different stuff together. 🧑‍🍳

Back