• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Need advice on dissociation and anxiety

A

Arctic Wolf

Hey,

I lived through an extremely tramautic event and am trying to figure out how to get through this. I have been diagnosed with having non-combat related PTSD from the past, but I think this might be complex-PTSD.

How would I go about finding the proper support for this? I feel right now like this is a dream and the nightmare is going to repeat itself soon if I cannot find the correct support.

So far, all my attempts at finding local support has failed.

How would I go about finding the proper support for this?
The treatment for PTSD & CPTSD is identical. So? No worries. Find support for PTSD & you’ll find support for complex trauma and CPTSD.

So far, all my attempts at finding local support has failed.
I had to travel 5 hours by train -each way- to work with a trauma therapist, but it took me a loooong time to find them, broadening my search concentrically. Keep looking. Badass people? Are worth finding.

I'm sorry you've found yourself in 'the club'. It's a hard slog, I won't sugar coat that, but there's stuff out there... it's just the finding it. The right support is worth it's weight in gold. I do a 4 hour return trip weekly, it's completely worth it. Of course local would be ideal, but there's very limited help for the complex stuff to me locally. I did try, and it was actually causing more damage, kind but unqualified people really don't help with trying to manage this stuff

Back