• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sexual Assault Unsure how to define this - 2 years of um coerced sex

Status
Not open for further replies.
There soooo needs to be an award for this... we can hand it round daily and argue about whose shit is most similar to what they said a year ago... :laugh:

The calendar award? ?
Hahah, sounds good :P
You're doing fine. And you're making progress.

No one who matters is judging you. And anyone who is judging you, doesn't matter.

:hug:
Thanks :hug: Although if I'm judging me, does that mean I don't matter? :shifty: :P
ya -- no. Nope. Nope. no.
:laugh:
What would have happened if you hadn't?
Yeah, I didn't agree really, More of a "well, moment to get away has passed you absolute twonk Chrissy, no point in making a scene". I'd still fight and argue just not expecting it to actually make a difference.
yep - keep telling yourself that! It won't make it true though
:laugh: Okay, I will :D :P
The I5 corridor from Canada to Mexico is a huge trafficking problem and yep - the kids (14 is about right) who get picked up get arrested for prostitution. It is slowly changing - they are being seen as victims rather than criminals. I had a deputy who was really involved in changing those laws and it used to break his heart to watch these children (yes -- teens are children) try to defend their pimps and blame themselves. They were big on the whole "I could have walked away" thing.
It's okay, I'm aware *other* teens are children :P
And yeah, it's still like that here too really, even in prosecuted cases, girls are still arrested, like "Okay the dudes f*cked up and that's bad, but only cos you let them".
Or groundhog day award?
? This is *almost* a groundhog, right? :rolleyes:
It really is, hah :rolleyes: :hug:

Ehh, I'm really not sure. I read through it once and realised I hadn't actually read any of my own posts (Cos hey, I have a vague idea what I said anyway right ;) ) so I read it again, but I just feel really disconnected from it. Like my head's a bit like "Yah, that's what happened, yah, that's how it sounds to people, yup. About right", there's no real thought or feeling attached to it. I tried to access *something* about what I thought or felt or something, but it doesn't really *feel* like it's talking about me and my life? I dunno, it comes in phases I guess and I'm mostly just frustrated and feel kinda stupid that I can't come up with a real insightful post about how it's going for me.. :cautious::rolleyes:
I bounced around and read some of this but what you wrote here is my experience of life and trying to put the pieces together of the past or "life while all that was going on", which was from my earliest memories till I was 19, when I ran away and repressed it all. I know I still act out things in my body that it remembers and I don't, so I'm not surprised at the amount of confusion I experience in the present, or trying to understand the past. It's actually very intense right now because I've had to bring that person forward (the one I repressed) with those memories. This is what's being produced in therapy and in my relationship. To me it all seems dissassociative. I feel like I have dissassociative memories in my body I don't see. So if I can do that, maybe I'm still doing it, which makes.it so.difficult. dreamlike Something like that . I know I read this when it first got posted but I couldn't say anything. It's hard to say anything now. I understand it though and I'm going to read all the responses thanks.

I bounced around and read some of this but what you wrote here is my experience of life and trying to put the pieces together of the past
Yeah, it's weird. I'm way better at deciding how I feel about those other similar situations than my own. Cos there's always some technicality in my own experiences that I'll find a way to argue about. So with facts I'm like "yup, correct", when people express any opinion or feelings about it I'm like "um. But..?"
I know I read this when it first got posted but I couldn't say anything
Don't worry about it. It's weird to me how people have identified with this, or found it hard to read or whatever. I get it, not weird as in judgement, just weird

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back