• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What Did You Eat And Drink Last?

It was a breakfast for dinner night. Doesn't happen often, but when it does, yum! I made a vegan no crust chickpea scramble quiche thingy with red bell peppers, sweet onion, turmeric, black pepper, vegan "brekkie sausage", finely shredded vegan "epic mature" cheddar, topped off with a pile of chopped red rock cabbage microgreens when served - with a side of g/f vegan toast smeared with earth balance soy free spread - with the option of wild cherry jam.

scramble quiche thingy
Yo.

Have you tried using aquafaba+ Some kind of creamy fat/protein sources for breakfast eggy /custardy substitutes, yet? I keep meaning to try aquafaba+ avocado (granted, green “eggs” would be weirdness, but I suppose theoretically one could get all finicky & just use the yellow core of an avocado) or cashew cream. I miss breakfast stratas. So, so bad.

I figure? If I can make vegan custard, and I can make vegan gravy, I should be able to make vegan eggs without gritty/fluffy beans/peas or soy products. The aquafaba has those lovely long protein chains that will whip up into meringue, you’d think they’d also bond to fats and jiggle up, right???

I haven't yet learned to be at one with the aquafaba in any regard, @Friday . I hope to one day sustain enough interest and patience to dive in and do some serious experimenting.

I can't get past the fact that I rinse the beans thoroughly to remove the juice and sodium and stuff before I use them, so I don't really want to use it in another dish, ya' know?

And I learned the hard way that the liquid from cooking dry chickpeas myself does NOT work - I remember you explaining to me the whys of that endeavor (thank you). Holler if you try it. 😊

Mostly breakfast today.
Full English breakfast & Turkish Sucuk sausage, so big it was 2 meals.

Live the sucuk, flavour intense, it's sliced fairly thin n fried. 2nd time of eating it i love it. Bought some to do myself. Also its one of the elements of the Turkish grand breakfast I'm gonna work my way round.

Had some small potatoes, skins rubbed with a little oil n baked for too long in the oven, (fell asleep) they were delicious though. Loads of flavour, ate them with salad cream :D

Had some toffee earlier too.

92% cacao bar (about 1/4 bar) with jumbo marshmallows. Discovered my teen boys’ limit for cacao percentage is definitely below 90 and likely closer to 80—that bar sat in the pantry for weeks. It is quite bitter, and shatters, so a nice juxtaposition with the super sweet squish.

Discovered my teen boys’ limit for cacao percentage is definitely below 90 and likely closer to 80—that bar sat in the pantry for weeks.
LOL... Back when I used to have dinner parties, we’d chip a block of similar for shards to “seal the palate” for when you were done eating. It’s kind of a perfect “Nope. Done. Ahhh.” Sort of finish. No idea why.

When I was making truffles, though, I pretty much had to stay in the 48-72% range, if I wanted people to “not be able to stop” ;) eating them.

Quirky.

Back