• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

I’m reclaiming Easter

MyPTSD Pro
I was sexually assaulted by a pastor as a kid and Easter is a really hard time for me. I’m still a Christian but I’m unable to go to church as a result of PTSD triggers. 2 years ago I ended up in the hospital for Easter because I just couldn’t take living like this anymore. I’m still traumatized but this year I was actually able to wish some acquaintances a happy Easter and I hung out in an online group for Christians today. I guess it does get better.

Hi @8888 good for you. April/ Easter/ other stuff, is dastardly for me, but for other reasons.

I saw something tonight that said Easter is going from hole (tomb) to whole.

I had a card from my dad's funeral from his sister, not Easter but had a bunny on it, that I still remember said ~'There is no sorrow on Earth Heaven cannot heal'.

Hugs to you xox.

I was sexually assaulted by a pastor as a kid and Easter is a really hard time for me. I’m still a Christian but I’m unable to go to church as a result of PTSD triggers. 2 years ago I ended up in the hospital for Easter because I just couldn’t take living like this anymore. I’m still traumatized but this year I was actually able to wish some acquaintances a happy Easter and I hung out in an online group for Christians today. I guess it does get better.
It does get better! Your childhood pastor is not indicative of the large majority of pastors. What happened in the past can't be changed. When those thoughts pop up, let them be and the secret is to not engage with them. We may not always be able to choose our thoughts but we have a choice whether we to entertain them or not. Ruminating about this will only energize the thoughts. If you leave them alone, they will go away on their own. We just cannot force thoughts to go away. Again, let them be. Have you tried journaling? This help give you some distance and the issues will not continue to loop in your head. Life lies ahead of you, not behind you. It may sound illogical, but somewhere deep within your soul, you are going to have to forgive this pastor. This is necessary. This will free that pastor from the jail cell of your heart. You are going to make it. You do not have to succumb to the victim vitality. There is a wonderful life waiting for you and that life doesn't wan't to be held back by the past. Yes, my friend, you are going to make it!

Back