• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Spending money on therapy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to use an app that handles this claim process, but then takes 10 percent of the payment which may be worth it.
I could definitely see where it would be worth it. Claims are demoralizing at best.
She really is the right way to go for trauma work. I need a PsyD who can do EMDR and who is psychodynamic and who I like, so I am just going to spend the money. Thanks for the suggestion.
Ultimately, you feeling good about this choice (to stay with her) is the important thing. You sound very confident in this statement, which is awesome. Maybe bookmark this one, for some day down the road where you could be doubting yourself again...

Another suggestion : how can you get more $? Part time work? I recently made $$$$$ unloading stuff I dont use via Craigslist. Donate plasma. Whatever it takes. We only get one life - make it a good one.

So, I just saw my T after taking a week off on Tues.
I talked to her about my decision to keep seeing her. I mentioned this post and how much people helped me. I told her I was excited and willing to invest in working with her and that I am deciding to take more risks because of this.
She said that she noticed this.
At the end of the sess I gave her a check with the 10 percent increase that she had requested a couple of weeks ago. I was not able to up her rate for my last 2 sessions due to my husband just starting a new job and a lag time before he got paid. She said that it was ok for the past two weeks to not raise it up.

So, this past tues I was able to give her new rate (10 dollars more) which she thanked me specifically for. I was able to also confirm that I can continue to see her 4 to 5 times a week as I was not sure before what I could do.

So, last night I was feeling triggered because of realizing even more trauma. I emailed her to tell her and to point out coping skills I was doing.

She literally emailed me back right away with enthusiasm and even extra advice.

She has never really responded that way before. She would be supportive, but would take sometimes 48 hrs to respond and would be a little short.

I honestly feel upset over this.
Is the 10 dollar rate increase prompting her to respond faster and with more warmth and enthusiasm?

This makes me uncomfortable and I just wish she would be consistent.
Not sure how to bring this up or if I want too.

Is the 10 dollar rate increase prompting her to respond faster and with more warmth and enthusiasm?
I wouldn't have thought so. It could be chance that she happened to be dealing with her emails at that time. It could be that she might feel a little closer having possibly recently lost you as a client but you explained how very keen you are to work with her. Or any other reason.

I hear your hurt about this. And recognise a gazillion times I've felt hurt with my T over something and I think almost never does it end up being that my thoughts about my T's actions have been correct. :-)

I'm guessing that

A) she was online at the same time you sent that email

and

B) something else in her life made her excited and that excitement came through in her email to you

My inclination is to not take this personally.

Maybe the conversation meant something to her & she was trying to be encouraging.

My T encourages email, possibly because I'm not always real good at talking. Sometimes he never replies at all. Sometimes we end up in conversations. I've never seen a pattern, except that he's always responded when I've really needed him to and it appears to depend on what else he's doing and what kind of mood he's in.

I doubt this has anything to do with money, that's probably the PTSD talking.

I think it might just be that she's responding to the level of commitment you've voiced to her. If you're ambivalent, then she'd likely back off a little, to give you respectful space, but seeing as you've given a clear signal of commitment, she's feeling more confident too. Just my two cents. Disregard if it doesn't apply.

I think it might just be that she's responding to the level of commitment you've voiced to her. If...
Yeah, so I think this is the most likely scenario.
When ever I freak about my T, I always use "check the facts".
She never seemed very focused on her rate. I am at a sliding scale already and she has never seemed concerned/focused on the money.
I think that for the past 2 weeks I did not know what I was going to do, so she seemed to be a bit removed. Now, she knows I am committed.
She remarked repeatedly how I seemed willing to take risks and I said, well I am investing in this so I am trying to get a lot out of it and I am doing that thru risk taking.
So, it almost seems that is the reason for her enthusiasm.
I had a break thru session and I think therapists get excited by that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back