• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Chat, check-in, and hang out

Snort… hot garbage…the remainders of things that used to be useful, needed, wanted; dumped in a box and left to swelter and fume in the sun.

Thanks o’Subconscious for being so damn apt! 🤣

You know you have PTSD when? …The f*cked up ways to describe yourself actually crack you up, rather than disturb or horrify. Guess that’s just what happens when feeling lousy has become more normal than not. If you can’t feel better any other way? Get a giggle from the degrees of lousy-ness. Hey. Workin with what we’ve got!

Huh.... didn't go to my group today bcos I just felt like I needed a day to myself. Didn't have social energy and didn't really feel like facing people. Feel a bit bad for not going but realistically I think it was the right decision. Watching TV and listening to the radio. Think I might treat myself to Takeaway tonight. Maybe Chinese or Indian.

Self Care = Doing exactly what you need, when -or before- you need it, because you’re paying attention, and making smart choices = part of what the group is trying to help teach people to do… yes? So instead of going TO the group, you WERE the group. (Embodying principles in any event.) just? Flying solo. 🤠 <<< For lack of a flyboy aviators cap, I figured cowboy, yippie aye yippie ay, yippie kai-yai-yay!, came 2nd best.

Self Care = Doing exactly what you need, when -or before- you need it, because you’re paying attention, and making smart choices = part of what the group is trying to help teach people to do… yes? So instead of going TO the group, you WERE the group. (Embodying principles in any event.) just? Flying solo. 🤠 <<< For lack of a flyboy aviators cap, I figured cowboy, yippie aye yippie ay, yippie kai-yai-yay!, came 2nd best.
Thanks for the back up @Friday. I needed that!😃

🤣

Aaaaargh.

I just found out that I will probably never be replacing my favorite watch.

It was given to me as a gift from a client a million years ago (before Google), so I knew it was probably expensive? I didn’t realize it was THIS expensive. Especially as she felt bad it was so “cheap” but I wouldn’t take her ladies Rolex, as I would need to take it off even when I washed my hands, and I spent more than half my time in the ocean. “Oh! Oh! I have a SPORTY watch! I only ever wear it in the pool. It’s waterproof to 300 meters!” It looked just like my Fossil watch, a bit heavier, but it never fogged up, scratched, broke, even though I literally put it through hell. I was replacing my Fossil watch 2-3 times a year, this one lasted over 5 years, and I only took it off once I had kids and needing to slide a baby down my left arm? Meant the baby snagged on my watch. Um. Not a phrase you ever really wanna see. “My baby snagged on….”! And then mobile phones made watches less important, and whatever. I just rarely wore it after that, and kept it in my jewelry box. Which, as we’ve stated, was destroyed by my ex, when I left him. Haven’t thought much about it, since, as I don’t need to be taking people’s pulses, and don’t spend much time in the water, anymore. Both of which I’m hoping to change, soon. So getting a new watch has been on my radar for the past year or so.

It was a weird brand I’d never heard of before “Aquaracer”? Shrug. Okay. Whatever. I f*cking looooooved it, so who cares what the brand is?

The person needing to replace it cares!

So, now that I’m working? Hey! I might could replace my watch!!! If the company is still in business. It’s Black Friday/ cyber Monday. There might even be a deal on.

Google… Aquaracer.

Oh.

Oh f*ck.

TAG.

TAG Aquaracer.

f*ck me. Well! No watch THIS year! 🤣 At least not THAT watch.

LeSigh. Google. Such a mixed blessing.

Last edited:
Although, from experience? I can wholeheartedly recommend the TAG Aquaracer to anyone who needs to jump out of helicopters, shove their way through rubble, wade through swamps, be up to their elbows in blood, smack down the side of a cliff face, and ricochet between altitudes fast enough to get the bends &/or a broken ear drum… and have a new out of the box gorgeous, perfectly functioning, snickers at the hell you put it through… timepiece on their arm.

I was replacing my Fossil watch 2-3 times a year
This was the end of the road for wrist watch for me. Technology, that needs constantly replacing, that I have to strap to my body, and...only tells me the time??? (For all the Millennials present - really and truly, that's the only thing wrist watches typically do).

Back