• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What did you find today? tangible or intangible?

Pride. While watching the Baseball All Star Game do the tribute to Jackie Robertson, I remember my Grandpa Sam. Who in the 1920's in North Dakota played for the first (recorded) racially integrated pro baseball team in the US. (there's a book about them)
I remember him telling us how it was "everyone or no-one" wherever they went and how they ate, slept, and played together as a team. As a kid growing up in Canada it didn't seem like much to me - but more and more I realize how special it really was.

Remember this… how perspective shifts, as people do, if you EVER value the opinion of others.
He was an amazing man my grandfather. As I get older I thank him everyday for his influence in my life. And my grandmother too. It wasn't until a couple years ago we were looking at their wedding picture and realized the bow on her dress....was her suffragette pin.....

Back