• šŸ’– [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] šŸ’– Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What Did You Eat And Drink Last?

Also excluding savory ā€œfruitsā€ like tomatoes & avocado & cucumber.
Iā€™m reading an old encyclopedia of French cooking (from the around the ā€˜30ā€™s) and in the entry for cucumbers all the recipes except one say to cook them! Has anyone ever eaten cooked cucumbers? And if you ate them raw they were supposed to be leached of their bitterness first by salting then rinsing! Makes me realize how far weā€™ve come in plant breedingā€”maybe cucumbers were not dependably mild back then.

Makes me realize how far weā€™ve come in plant breedingā€”
LOL.. For true. Corn/Maize? Used to only have 3 kernels! Now theyā€™ve got something in the range of 800+.
And if you ate them raw they were supposed to be leached of their bitterness first by salting then rinsing!
Sounds like how we treat eggplant. Eggplanty-cukes šŸ† šŸ„’ Eeeeeeew

A couple quarts of H2O and red grapes for break-fast.

Currently sipping on a mid-afternoon "shake"/smoothie made with frozen bananas, lots of spring mix greens, lots of red cabbage microgreens, a dollop of sunflower seed butter, flax seeds, chia seeds, a spoonful of my homemade chocolate sauce (dates, maple syrup, water, cacao powder), oat milk, water, and my favorite Your Super powders (magic mushroom, super greens, plant collagen, and forever beautiful). It tastes like a banana/chocolate milk shake. Mmmm.....

Supper is gonna be leftover meat-less loaf, roasted potato wedges, and lemon pepper green beans.

Bubble n squeak.

First time making it, won't be the last. Never had it growing up. Only ever had in greasy spoon cafes but I love it.

Surprised it took me this long to make it myself. Don't think it traditionally has onion n bacon in but they taste bloomin lovely.

Ate it with a fried egg on top n a bit of cholula hot sauce. Very happy

Spam, bread like substance, & coffee

Surprised it took me this long to make it myself. Don't think it traditionally has onion n bacon in but they taste bloomin lovely.
<grin> Thats how we always had it, growing up. Or corned beef leftovers, if you wanted to feed 7 people with meat what wouldnā€™t make 1 decent sandwich. (And beef is usually cheaper, stateside, than bacon.). My grandmother would also use sauerkraut & sausage, and in later years? šŸ¤£ KIMCHEE. Regardless, she called anything that was fried potatoes & cabbage ā€˜bubble & squeakā€™.

Back