• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Chat, check-in, and hang out

I just answered a suicidal call for help on another site, offered my assistance, and left the national suicide hotline number, but my offer to chat was not accepted and the person logged out without talking to anyone. So I am praying that they got the help that they needed. This was a mother of 2 girls. I left my email address and told her that I have insomnia and invited her to talk later, in case she returns to the site that I was on. I will return there to the website periodically to see if I can help this person out. I pray for them. I know what it is like to be suicidal and at the end of the proverbial rope.

Had to admit my MIL to hospital. She cant take care of herself and is beyond home heat or assisted living, but doest meet criteria for nursing home. WTF. She almost set house on fire, cant keep track of meds, and has a colostomy bag that she cant take care of. It really must suck being 92 and knowing there is nobody that can take care of you. The criteria is way off for placement!

I. Just. Cut. 10 inches. Off. My. Hair.

OMFG, my head feels better. It’s still long-ish, at around my collarbones, but hot damn. The weight off is bliss. As is the time it takes to dry.

Haven’t seen a stylist for over 2 years, so it’s mostly just getting back to where I usually am. I’ll have a real stylist fix it (I just cut off my braid) at some point, but for right now? Hell yeah. Sooooo much better!

I. Just. Cut. 10 inches. Off. My. Hair.

OMFG, my head feels better. It’s still long-ish, at around my collarbones, but hot damn. The weight off is bliss. As is the time it takes to dry.

Haven’t seen a stylist for over 2 years, so it’s mostly just getting back to where I usually am. I’ll have a real stylist fix it (I just cut off my braid) at some point, but for right now? Hell yeah. Sooooo much better!
I'd love to cut my hair but with it been wavy/ curly. Might just do it and if it looks awful ill go get it fixed.

Is it the heat? I tend to do that in mid-summer every few years. It grows back becore I ever get round to seeing a stylist tho!
Other way ‘round… lol… I get sick and tired of drying it in cold weather, but get sick if I don’t!

I'd love to cut my hair but with it been wavy/ curly.
Yep yep! I’ve got ringlets, about pinky tight, with a wicked strong curl pattern (brushing it curly it will stand out about 9 inches from my head, and if I don’t use gel or blow it out straight, it starts dread locking in less than a day). So If I wanna wear my hair curly -and not look like the wild woman of borneo- I have to spend a few bills on getting someone with mad skills to do the job. But since I mostly blow it out straight? I just did a double ponytail & cut along the dotted line.

I cut my hair myself for years after an italian hair dresser turned my head upside down, gathered all the hair at the top of my head at the back, twisted it and cut straight across the rope he'd twisted my hair into.

I thought I can do that.

Stuck with that style rather too long though, got a shoulder length bob now.

Feeling blue....what else is new. Admitted my mother in law to hospital last Thursday. Frankly, its not like I like her because she is kind of a witch. Yet she was confused, had swollen legs, loosing weight, etc. Since her sodium is low they admitted her. I pushed for admission. Well all she keeps talking about is wanting to die and she is 92. If I had a do-over.....I would let her. Oh.....so many emotions

Had to admit my MIL to hospital. She cant take care of herself and is beyond home heat or assisted living, but doest meet criteria for nursing home. WTF. She almost set house on fire, cant keep track of meds, and has a colostomy bag that she cant take care of. It really must suck being 92 and knowing there is nobody that can take care of you. The criteria is way off for placement!
I've been going through some of the same stuff, but thankfully I'm not suicidal. I got into trouble trying to walk home. I got lost! I called an assisted living facility, but they refused to even interview me. I have only been seen by a Neurologist twice, and he's diagnosed me with anything, but Dementia. So according to him, I guess it is not time for the needed diagnosis yet. Uughr!

Changing4Best I am so sorry. This is such bullshit with diagnosis. There needs to be more help. My MIL shouts out anger to others and they don't react like I do. I try not to react, but I do internally. She has always treated others like gold and me like crap.
Today my husband challenged me on my thinking and after a lot of soul surching, I think I am not capable of being the person that takes her to dr appointments and such. In the past, she has hit me with cane and been very sassy, but I know she is old and I have accepted it.

However, we have this history of her trying for force her will on me, even when she didn't have dementia. The worst was when she got my 3 yr old drunk with spiked fruit salad, and my daughter ended up with a learning disability. I had put this in the back of my mind....but its there...and I would rather not take her to dr. appointments or anything else for that matter. Tomorrow I will go and meet the home health person. I told my husband that after that, he needs to hire her care.

Fact is, I didn't like her when she was 60, and I dont like her at 92. I may sound like a cold bitch, but I cant help it. She worked to split up our marriage and we did spend over 10 yrs separated, with my husband living with her and at her beckoning call. She was the happiest then.

I dont need a man but cant live in the house we own without help. Im disgusted. Every chance she has, she shows him her vagina and colostomy bag and I dont think this is normal even in elderly. I need to step out of this.

Back